Secure Dropbox For Your Organization
What is Digital Vault?
Digital Vault is a secure space where any digital information can be stored. It is intended to protect its contents from theft, unauthorized use and other threats. Much like a modern bank vault our Digital Vault has an armored wall and a tightly fashioned door closed with a complex lock.
Why do you need a Digital Vault?
It is an unfortunate truth that many organizations leverage modern cloud-based storage providers for storing secrets and sensitive data. Especially within the context of the General Data Protection Regulation the currently widespread solutions are NOT made for storing secrets. Codific’s Digital Vault is a real secure storage management product that has a stronger security model, read-only audit traces, and quite more.
Encryption is often used as a synonym for security. However more often than not encryption keys are stored alongside the encrypted data, which comes down to handing the burglars the key to the safe. Unlike the physical world, a sound encryption key management mechanism is far from trivial.
How does the Digital Vault work?
- Digital Vault leverages industry-standard AES-256 encryption to protect your data.
- Digital Vault encrypts all your data using a key that is derived from user’s password, which nobody but the user himself knows.
- Digital Vault comes with a powerful key management process based on Shamir’s secret sharing algorithm to split the master key into multiple pieces a subset of which is required to reconstruct the master key. This means that not a single person within the organization has the full master key.
- Digital Vault features audit tracing mechanism that cannot be modified.
- Digital Vault features a flexible access control policy management mechanism to enable secure sharing of data between multiple users. The policies themselves are stored within the Digital Vault.
We Can Help You Protect Your Data With A Military-Grade Encryption
Codific offers an in-depth expertise in designing and implementing custom digital vault solutions where all data can be stored in an encrypted format. This means that malicious users will not be able to access the contents of the vault even if they have physical access to the cloud server where your data is stored. Alongside with the vault we provide a secure key management facility to minimize additional risks.
The vault solutions we design can feature an advanced access control policy where different users have their own private boxes within the system only accessible to themselves.
Currently several of our products are leveraging the vault solution to completely seal off private user data.